Soooo, the most exciting of things happened yesterday. I got to shoot the Cal Men's Basketball Game!!! Yeee!
Usually this is a special assignment that only the old time photographers get to shoot, but I was in the right place at the right time and I just got super lucky. The second photographer happened to, last minute, not be able to make the game and so, just as I was leaving the office, my editor (the very talented and very awesome Miss Anne Marie Schuler) asked, "Want to shoot the game with me?" My answer?! "Yipeeeee!" Of course. :D
Anyways, the game was AH-maaazing. Let me just say.
Some of the things that happened/I learned at yesterday's game:
- It was an overall very exciting game. Clearly.
- I have decided that I loooveeee basketball. I want to go to every game next season. Hopefully I'll get to shoot some of them. But that might be asking for too much. (:
- Sitting on the court is the best way everrr to watch a basketball game. Celebrities know what's up.
- Press passes rock. Really really really.
- When you sit on the court next to the drums, you should wear earplugs. Or prepare to lose hearing. Also, you may get hit by flying drumsticks.
- I could actually do this for a job. yee.
- WE WON THE PAC-10!!! (for the first time in fifty years!!! yikes...)
I'll post my favorites from the event later, but for now, check out my photo on the Daily Cal Photo Blog! yee. :D
Image ©The Daily Californian. Well, not the screen shot, but the image. Clearly. (: